...there were many highs and lows along the way but the support we had from our therapeutic support worker was outstanding.
Shaun and Adrian, adoptive parents
Support from The Family Plus Team
There may be times when you, as a family, need advice, assistance and support. Family Plus is a dedicated team that supports adoptive families and families with a Special Guardianship Order or Child Arrangement Order.
We have specialist therapeutic workers qualified in:
- Video Interactive Guidance
- Therapeutic Life Story Work
- Dyadic Development Practice
- Non Violence Resistance
- Clinical Psychologists with expertise in working with children and families who have experienced trauma, abuse and loss and have attachment difficulties and emotional, behavioural difficulties.
We also have:
- A specialist life story book co-coordinator for adopted children
- Family worker reviewing officers who provide specialist advice and support for families and children under a Special Guardianship Order.
If you feel you need advice or support, please get in touch. We can help, either through our own skilled therapeutic family workers or through guiding you to the most appropriate support services.