It wasn't an easy process and there were many highs and lows along the way but the support we had from our social worker was outstanding.
Mark and Clare, adoptive parents
Are you ready?
Being assessed to become an adoptive parent can be quite intense, so you need to know that you are ready to start the process.
To consider adoption you need to:
– Be over the age of 21.
– Be a resident in the United Kingdom.
– Have a spare room.
– Have been a non-smoker for at least 6 months (this includes e-cigarettes).
– Have concluded fertility treatments for a period of at least 6 months.
– Have the time and energy to commit to the adoption process.
– Be ready to be honest and open about your life experiences!